In a woman’s life, there isn’t a moment more beautiful, challenging, and transforming than the journey to motherhood. Yet all our effort and resources go to plan our weddings, never our pregnancies and births.
A wedding is a day of your life and lots of good memories, but a pregnancy is so much more. Feeling life growing inside of you and giving birth can be the most wonderful experience of your life.
Having a knowledgeable guide or friend to listen to you and hold your hand, answer your questions, teach you what you need to know about birth, relax you when you are in pain or afraid, and support you during the birth of your baby will give you power and confidence.
Being fully supported during pregnancy and birth is invaluable!
- We are from France and we bring quality, high class services to our clients.
- We are mothers so we know what you are going through. Let us help and support you!
- We are professionals: Certified doula, AquaNatal Instructor, and experienced party planner.
- We are dynamic, motivated and passionate about wellness, motherhood, birth, and babies.
Our prices are affordable and our packages are easily customable to fit your needs and desires.
The word “Doula” is of Greek origins. It means a “female servant to a woman”.
In her book “The Birth Partner”, Penny Simkin says that “the goal of a doula is to help the mother have a satisfying birth as SHE defines it”.
A Doula is an experienced guide that is trained to support a woman and her birth partner through their pregnancy, the birth of their baby, and through the postpartum period.
A Doula provides emotional support, physical comfort and non clinical advice. She empathizes, reassures, encourages, and comforts both the mother and her birth partner.
In 2012, Hodnett et al. published a review titled “Continuous Support for Women During Childbirth”.
This research shows that giving birth with the continuous support of a doula reduces by 31% the use of Pitocin, by 28% the risk of C-section, by 9% the use of medications for pain relief, by 14% the risk of newborns being admitted to the NICU, and by 34% the risk of being dissatisfied with the birth experience.
This research also shows a 12% increase in the likelihood of a spontaneous vaginal birth.
The key is continuity of care.
A continuous doula labor support increases self-esteem and mobility, and decreases pain and anxiety. In turn, those four factors decrease the use of epidurals, the use of extra interventions like pitocin, and they promote shorter labor.
As a result we see higher birth satisfaction, spontaneous vaginal birth, better infant outcome and a decrease of C-section rates.
On this website you can see the conceptual model that shows these ideas:
Yes! A Doula has an educational role during pregnancy but also during labor. Our Prenatal appointment will teach you everything you need to know about childbirth.
Then during birth, your doula will help you apply what you learned in childbirth classes.
She will also explain what is happening during each step of labor so that you can be serene and make informed decisions.
- A Doula will give you comfort measures to relieve labor pain (massages, hip squeeze...).
- She will encourage you to stay active (walking, using the birth ball, changing positions).
- She will assist you by finding a ritual and a rhythm.
- She will keep you calm and relaxed between and during contractions for your labor to progress normally.
A doula does not replace the birth partner.
We highly support the connection between partners and we never break it!
- A doula will tend to the mother’s needs (bring ice, washcloth etc..), so that the birth partner can stay close to her at all times.
- She will teach the birth partner how to support his/her wife during birth.
- She will stay with the mother if the birth-partner needs to eat, update the family, or take a nap.
- She will photograph and film the birth so that the birth partner can truly enjoy those moments without watching them behind the lens of a camera.
- A Doula will help to adjust the parent’s expectations if labor does not go according to plan.
- She will create a peaceful environment using aromatherapy, candles, and music for the mother-to-be and her partner to feel relaxed.
A doula is a link between the parents and the medical staff:
- She will talk to the nurses and she will make sure that the caregivers are following your wishes.
- She will remind you to weigh the pros and cons of a medical intervention and to take an informed decision.
- A doula will never make decisions for you but she will support them no matter what choices you make.
We work at every hospital, birthing center, or home and we support your choices no matter what.
If you have a medicated birth, epidural or C-section, trust me you still need to be supported!
There are lots of things that a doula can do if you have an epidural:
- making sure you and your partner are comfortable
- that you can get a deep rest
- that you are entertained
- that baby is descending in the optimal positions
- that you are in a good pushing positions
-that you are supported in case the epidural fails or complications arise.
Whenever you want! As soon as you find out about your pregnancy or 3 days before your due date. We will still give you the best care.
We only accept 1 or 2 birth clients per month so don't wait too long and schedule a consultation with us as soon as possible!